Thursday, August 28, 2008

Gas prices and an all day MEETING



Price of gas is dropping just in time for Labor Day weekend. I shall track the upward direction once the holiday is over.



This is a picture of two of the three guys running the Strategic Planning and Development meeting today. I got drafted as my boss lady is out on medical leave. So I got to sit there from 9:30 to 3:30 and listen to some fairly comprehensive marketing and finance speeches. There was a lot of interacting and that exercise was fairly decent. I was aghast at the agenda but it was a nice surprise, got free lunch too. The meeting was at the Oregon Credit Union building in a very posh board room. We should have more meetings. There is adequate parking there. In a nutshell, it looks like we may have an 18 million dollar, 38,000 square foot facility built within the next four years to replace the current 38 year old hospital.

The hope is that we will add new services and the most important one is to recruit more physicians.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are all hospitals for profit now? Also I paid $3.61 for gas the other day. Keep in mind I had the Safeway savings at .20 per gallon, but cool.

Anonymous said...

Most hospitals do not classify is for profit. CVH is very carefully non profit. We do have a margin which is to say a positive bottom line. r