Friday, August 1, 2008

Amazon.com, The Knife Shop and UPS hmmmph



A few weeks ago I decided to try to replace my lost glass fingernail file (It went with me to Idaho but I couldn't find it when I got home). I went online to Amazon.com and could no longer find the German Zinger glass fingernail file which was QUITE superior, I might add. I then clicked on a single rather dainty looking glass file from The Knife Shop people via Amazon.com. It came by way of UPS in a very large bedraggled padded mailer. I opened the very large envelope, found many inserts,ad inserts and the glass finger nail file snapped into three pieces...sigh.

I mailed it back by wrapping some of the padded mailer about the remains of the glass finger nail file and sending it back two ounces first class utilizing the handy dandy return mailing label. I also called the nice 800 number somewhere in Georgia to let them know the broken glass finger nail file was being returned. Thank yew.

In the meantime my finger nails were getting a bit raggedy so I again ordered some glass finger nail files and five very colorful ones came within a couple of days. EVERYone in my house now owns a glass finger nail file. I am not really pleased with the new ones as they don't rongeur off enough nail like the very nice Zinger did.

Today,I received the above raggedy envelope from The Knife Shop by way of Amazon.com and UPS. I opened the envelope and found the replacement glass finger nail file snapped neatly in half. OY!



I called the nice 800 number in Georgia and the nice whiskey tenor lady was very apologetic and asked me if I would call Monday to speak with the lady who handles the Amazon.com customers.

Yep, I shall make my point clear, the Knife Shop people need to scream really LOUDLY into the ears of the Amazon.com people to pack their shipments a little better and perhaps add "Fragile" to the package so UPS won't drive their trucks over the package before delivery. Pant! pant! pant! gasp! pant!

I think I shall print off this portion of my blog and send it with my return this time as a pro-active consumer.

4 comments:

FirstNations said...

...i know noffINK about cacti; only that those are very odd and pretty flowers on them there! i know even less about glass fingernail files. i didn't even know they even made such a thing. i had a glass calligraphy pen once; it and i did not get along.
so yeah pretty much a dismal well of ignorance here.*snif*

Gale said...

I recommend a fancy manicure with a local Vietnamese lady. Then? keep 'em pretty.

Anonymous said...

um, we are too poor, here in Coquille, to attract a Vietnamese nail salon. Sorry. R

yoo hoo said...

...at least you don't chew them, the nails or the cactus.