Thursday, January 23, 2020

A few things

Good Morning:

Couple Two or three things:

1.  Computer is on line once again.  I attempted a restore point, which failed and was given the option of choosing 1-22-20 as a restore point and I chose that one and today, I am able to go back to the familiar stuff on my screen.  Yay.  God only knows how long that will last. Husband dragged out the spare computer which I accidentally ordered a ouple years ago, so it is now tucked underneath my desk ready to go if I need it.  Good to have alternatives.

2.  I have temporarily given up driving.  (CRAP!).  My cataracts have ah..ripened to the point that I have difficulty distinguishing pedestrians moving in shadows or in a shadowy crosswalk.  Being terrified of hitting someone, I have asked the lovely man I reside with to please take me to local appointments.  I also have a stand by business card for the local Taxi concern.  If she is still in bidness. Further if it is a paralyzing bright day outside I have to wear my little fake roll up glasses in order to cut down the glare.  

3.  This is probably the year I have cataract surgery.  Annual exam will be June.  I had the option of doring the worse left eye last year but put it off because there was zero chance of any improvement in visual acuity.  Hence the avoidance.  

4.  Navigating about the house is fine.  I can do most of that blindfolded anyway.  I am careful where I put my feet as lap kitty is absolutely convinced that at times I need a kitty ankle bracelet.  

5.  I woke with a snippet of a dream.  I can't quite find the dream site on my screen because the color of the print is very light and I have a very hard time selecting it.  So I will attempt a guess of what the dream actually means.  And my personal interpretation will most likely be more entertaining than the dream site.  

Here goes; I woke from a dream where I was supervising storage of a very large elephant.  The elephant had to be moved to the top of a building next door.  So when I looked outside, I saw that somehow the elephant was indeed on top of the building with it's trunk dangling down the side of the building.  He elephant was wrapped up like a nummy except the end of the trunk was not wrapped up to allow breathing.  I remember thinking, "That is just not right".

Now as for what this may represent.  The elephant is obviously my subconscious take on the current impeachment trial for He Who Thinks Everything Should Go His Way.  Dream seems to fall on the side of the problem being immobilized or put in storage.  The brain works in mysteriour ways.

5.  I must enlist husands editorial skills to check my manusripts prior to posting so that I may avoid looking like three blind mice turned loose on a scrap of parchment.  I remain curiously yours.

1 comment:

yoo hoo said...

Hoo ray for not driving. now for those stairs, maybe it's time to get the slow lift!

Car la de dah!