Monday, August 30, 2010

The scaffolding is gone



The owner of the scaffolding knocked on the door this evening. I was surprised to see that he had almost everything already loaded. Boy he was either very quiet or my tinnitus was so loud I couldn't hear a thing. I gave him a check and got his number in case we need scaffolding in future. Probably next year for the sun room demo and fix.

Still waiting to hear from the roofer. But Labor Day weekend is coming and I'm thinking he won't want to start a job over the holiday? I could be wrong.

Tonight I made turkey pot pie, it turned out fairly tasty, I added dill to the mix.

The lawn is brown, if God meant for me to water the lawn in the summer, it would rain. I have faith.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see that he collected his stuff. Sorry to hear about your tinnitus. I have to deal with a very mild form of it and it sometimes irritates me.

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

Richard has tinnitus also. Run in the family? Too much background noise is his excuse/reason. He also feels the same way about watering the lawn. But it's because he doesn't want to pay the electric bill for the pump and gas for the mower. I mow the lawn so he can't use that reason.
CB

Anonymous said...

I have had tinnitus for about five years now, most of the time it is a high pitched hiss, I like to think of it as the universal background noise from the big bang and that I am special and can actually hear it. Unfortunately in the last month or so, the tinnitus has also developed a lower register of noise, I have begun to repeat myself and say things like
"Whut I cant hear you".

I acutally asked people to speak up at a meeting for which I was taking notes. The were nice enough to turn off a noisy fridge.

R

Gale said...

what?