Monday, August 9, 2010

C&B SALAD AND WEIRD PEACHES



Decided to make cauliflower and broccoli salad today. One head of cauliflower, one head broccoli, one half large onion, half cup golden raisins, half cup sunflower seeds, 3/4 cup frozen peas. Chop to hearts content, put in bowl.

Original recipe calls for several strips of crispy bacon crumbled into the salad. This is optional for the vegetarians.

Dressing; 1 cup mayo, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 4 to 5 packets Splenda, dash pepper. Stir, mix together, put in suitable shaped container, give a shake,shake, shake to distribute dressing and store in fridge.



At first glance this looks like some eggs. Nope, look closer,they are PEACHES, I decided to purchase some and let them ripen up a bit before making something peaches and cream, maybe Clafuti. I watched the show Two Fat Ladies and the Clafuti looked delicious. Clafuti is such a strange word for a French dish.

Must research crumpets.

FACE REPORT: I have scabbed up nicely, I only have a partial raccoon eye on the right. People kept telling me today, "I can't believe you worked yesterday!". Well I did leave after four hours and things were slow. That's all for now, I may update with a picture once everything turns purple, green and yellow.

1 comment:

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

At least no one accused you of covering for Tim. My ex (kis dad)had a temper, but never hit me. On the other hand, my show horse decided she didn't like the rack for cleaning, hit me square on with the flat of her face and mine. 1 doctor call, several xrays and the decision was broken nose, swollen eyes and fat lips. And the next day was the National Arabian Show at the Idaho Fairgrounds. Everyone said I had nice color, Blue and black mostly. Horse won second place in class, and I could barely see where I was going. Afterwards, everybody just assumed that my husband hit me, and were ready to turn him in. Horse went on to win several big Arabian Races (Darley I think)but she seem to always remember hurting me. She was very spirited around others, but calm and submissive to me. Must have felt bad for me, if horses do that sort of thing.
Hope you are able to breath and you get many compliments on the beautiful colors.
c