Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ewwwwwwwwwww!



This morning as I went to work, I noticed a huge spider web with a big old spider strung across the front porch. I swerved to the right to miss it, fell out of my shoes, banged my knees and hands and kissed the cement sidewalk. Bloody nose everywhere, a few scrapes. So I went back inside to ask for help in the transportation department. No problem. Away we went. I walked in and stopped at the nurses station and said that I needed to be seen.

Um, yeah, Bay 2.

Grabbed clean tissues and dabbed at home. Started paper work etc. BP a little high but not ridiculous. Pain scale 6 or 7 out of 10, down to 2 by end of visit. Doctor sent me to x-ray. No broken nose, thank you very much.

Apply band aid, Neosporin, rinse cut inside lip with hydrogen peroxide. And I checked in and went to work. Got the x-rays done, got the procedures for Dr. C done and decided I would come home. Called for transport and husband very quickly showed up. Hydrogen peroxide stings a bit on a fresh cut. Dang but you hafta do that for mouth wounds too much natural flora growing in there that needs to be killed off.

The light level was kind of low on the picture but there is a huge nasty scab forming on the end of the nose, the scrape on the upper lip is firming up as well. The cut under the band aid will just have to rest a bit. The lip is very fat and the doctor says I will look distintly racoon like by tomorrow, O Joy!

Oh and I scratched my new glasses, I should probably drop by the local friendly optometrist to see if the scratch can be buffed out.

Sigh...I am going to look at this as an opportunity to drop five pounds. It hurts to chew and I like applesauce. So, be careful out there, go ahead and keep an eye on spider webs but do stay on a steady course.

4 comments:

Carla said...

ooo honey, I'm so sorry.
This gives you license to take the rest of the week/month easy.

Hugs, Carla

Jennifer said...

owie :(

63mago said...

Wellwell ... Dr. Frank will be right here with the new nose ... Hydrogen peroxide? Raccoon eye - you mean swollen, closed? That's how I wake up every morning.

Nothing is broken, the nose will swell back to normal. The scratches if not too deep can be "polished" out, depends on the glass. Take care! Hope there's no payne. Get well soon.

Gale said...

poor baby, feel better soon.