Friday, December 21, 2007

Lunch in Coos Bay



This is a picture of the charming little garden and Koi pond just outside the front door of Kum Yon. They serve oriental food there. Today I had the Bento Box. I traded the California roll for an extra pot sticker. There is also a small dish of grilled chicken in Teriyaki sauce, lovely crispy fried veggies and prawns, some BBQ pork and dipping sauce. Kum Yon also serves a terrific blackberry cobbler.

I also went to Pony Village mall with the intention of purchasing; two Euro pillows (Got them at Macy's on sale), Number 2 in a collectible series of angels (Got it at Hallmark) and spied a charming kitty calendar for Tim at a kiosk in the hallway. In and out in under 45 minutes. Very nice except for a rather aggressive saleswoman peddling microwave heated aromatherapy pillows that smelled strongly of lavender. Some people like lavender, I ain't one of them. 'scuze me, I SAID don't touch me!

Oh and the Macy's people had NO idea if they had fine mesh lingerie bags for washing your dainties in the washer. Well spit,shoot and dirty words, they sold me my last one a couple three years ago....will have to Google the darn things then. Merry Merry, my friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently there is such a critter by Woolite, called a bra bag, small mesh, guaranteed not to get hooks tangled etc. Sounds like just the thing. I will go shopping online later. I luvs me Google.

yoo hoo said...

Try Blood bath and beyond, they usually have the dainty bags.

Anonymous said...

All hard rock bands should be so commercial. The hearing goes and what is left but to peddle life style items? (evil smirk)