Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Electric blankies

I got to thinking about electric blankets the other day. While I was out mall crawling I sashayed through Penny's and spotted a pile of electrified blankets and for a queen size they wanted 169 bucks! Holy Cowsky! I actually owned an electric blanket in the mid sixties. I stopped using the thing because I could hear it cycling on and off and it made me kind of nervous, especially after I washed it and began to feel creaky and thread worn, so pitched that for the next 40 odd years.

It got to be 37 degrees today and it hailed pea sized hail and rained and was very shivery and I was thinking warm thoughts about electric blankies, so I Googled some prices. Range seems to go from 40 to 200 bucks depending on size, controls etc.



These above are available from J.C. Penny for between 40 and 80 dollars.



While not comfy looking this little item by LCC both heats AND cools for around 200 bucks.


So is anyone out there really using electric blankets? In the meantime I have cuddled up to my heating pad and it generates a surprising amount of warmth.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm more of the natural type... I like to adapt to whatever climate I happen to occupy...

As you can imagine, this behavior makes my job especially interesting...

Eleven days left...

Gale said...

I brought my heating pad home from work. I used it on my lap for warmth up until I noticed that is was burning the hell out of my legs....
The boy sent home a Korean blanket, I am not sure what it is made out of but it is heavy and warm - it currently lives on my couch as it is too hot for my bed. It may be made out of communists, not sure but it does the trick.

yoo hoo said...

I used to sleep on a water bed, which was extremely cozy in the winter but a total pain in the ass in the summer. Unless the heater goes out and that's simply a cold pain in the ass. Glad to be rid of that thing.
I prefer a cold room with a heavy blanket.

Anonymous said...

I have been eyeing the electric "throws" as well,keep one plugged in next to my recliner in the living room, snooze with lull of babble box in the background, rouse occasionally for a light snack, snooze some more, read, fall sleep with book on face. And I do not like heavy blankies on my feet, hate to have toes bent from gravity effects.