Saturday, December 22, 2007

Fun neighborhood



It was a dark and wintry rainy night not unlike those nights in New Zealand when they were filming "The Return Of The King" third installment of Lord Of The Rings and during those interminable times when the hand grips had lost grip and there were no donuts at the food cart and all the tall fairy actors were eyeing each other in a rehearsal sort of way....er...'scuze me...had a Bulwer Lytton moment there....

I awoke to a clatter, and sprang from my bed to see what was the matter. When to my amazement I happened to see flashing lights and heard a very official stentorial voice say,

"Lie down on the ground, put your hands on the ground, I'm not going to tell you again!" (repeated several times)

"Arrrgh Arrrgh Arrrgh" (repeated several times)

"What's your name?" (repeated several times)

"Arrrgh..arrrgh...arrrgh." (repeated several times)

I peeked out the window and sure enough one of our local police type fellas had someone on the ground. Then another officer pulled up and eventually an ambulance was summoned to cart the young man off to the hospital.

Merry Christmas to all and to all..Good night!

(Apologies to Clement Moore who may or may not have written the obliquely cited piece)

2 comments:

Gale said...

Fun thing to do if ya like being nosy. Get a police scanner and set to it just to your little village. Of course you will need to get the police language book thing but hey ya need to find out what code they are speaking in. We have had ours for years, one day I listened to the police run Rocky's plates. I had dinner on the table as he drove in. Too funny.

yoo hoo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.