Friday, December 28, 2007

LEFT OVERS

Hmm, what do you do with what feels like a gallon of left over ham?

Ah Hah! Deviled Ham for sammies and/or to be scooped with Ritz crackers!
Utilizing only ingredients on hand and not bothering to Google a recipe assemble as follows:

1. Chop into itty bitty bits all the left over ham. (chopping is the only option if you do not possess either a food processor or an old fashioned meat grinder)
2. Chop one medium onion into fine bits.
3. Slice and chop one rib of celery (That's all I had left!)
4. Chop remainder of condiments consisting of green olives stuffed with onions, garlic and almonds, black olives and pickled okra. (Yes picked okra, it was in the condiment dish!)
5. Mix in enough mayonnaise to moisten.
6. Add a couple health squirts of yellow mustard.
7. Add a couple glops of whole grain mustard.
8. A good shake of chopped garlic from the quart jar purchased at the grocery store.

Mix well, pat lovingly into storage container, let season briefly.

Adjust menu board on fridge from "Baked Ham" to "Deviled Ham".

Scrounge up crackers, thrown some on a paper plate, decant couple heaping tablespoons full of Deviled Ham onto paper plate. Enjoy!

PS: We received a couple of bottles of very interesting Oregon wine; one is cranberry and another is blackberry. I may have to get brave and open one or the other to go with the Deviled Ham.

5 comments:

Gale said...

I made a pot of ham and beans. I dont' know why but I always have like 5 or 6 different cans of beans in the pantry. I do have a food processor and tried to chop up my carrots, it didn't work so I cheerfully tossed the processor in the trash. From whince Rocky retrieved it and made it work...I don't want it. I want a madoline thingamajig. happy holidays

Anonymous said...

..a madoline thingamajig? Would that be one of those deadly inclinded slicing instruments? I would more than likely remove a finger tip but you do get nice thin uniform slices of finger tip.

Anonymous said...

A madoline thingamajig? Is that one of those deadly inclined slicing instruments? They do make nice uniform finger tip slices.

Gale said...

Last night I got a bottle of blackberry wine purchased from the Oregon coast....I was told to eat it with dark chocolate.mmmmmm The name on the bottle is Flying Dutchman Winery. cool

Anonymous said...

Dark chocolate with just about anything sounds good well except gravy. Oh..wait..that's called Mole'.