Thursday, March 12, 2009

Slow week, well except for the snow and the exploding window...










Poor sad Bravada... husband called up at work and said, "How about going out to dinner tonight?" Okay! Fought my way out of the parking lot, dashed home and we drove towards Coos Bay thinking that we would eat at The Hill Top House. They have yummy early bird specials for 16 bucks including dessert! Yay!

Got just east of the truck weigh station and HUGE EXPLOSION went off in my left ear! Huband shouted, "Slow down!". I ducked a little and slowed, glanced quickly to my left and saw window completely shattered into little safety glass sized bits. I slowed down and made a U-turn at the weigh station.

We went back to the house, parked the Bravada, got in the rust bucket and went to dinner at the Broiler...because we were hungry and the clean up process could just wait. Besides eating is a good way to treat shock, right?

Then we went back to the house to very carefully pick up what looked like hundreds of green glass bits. It almost looks good all cleaned up until you slam the car door and hear the musical tingle of glass bits inside the door.

We must now look for a dealer who will replace the driver side window. Lordy, I hope Oldsmobile people still have some driver side windows in stock for a 2000 Bravada. I think a rock or something hit the window. Husband theorizes that it might have been a bullet. Well anyway a fairly high speed projectile of some sort.


I guess I better notify both the police and the insurance company. I am sure the police will politely round file my report and the insurance people will say, not covered. We are mentally estimating between 300 and 500 bucks for get some glass back in the vehicle. And no idea how long this will take. Oy!

Oh and the picture of bushes with light dusting of snow are the rhodies just outside the back door at he hospital, it snowed rather heavily that morning and melted then later on it hailed a bit in the afternoon.

I almost forgot, this is THURSDAY, the twelfth!!


2 comments:

Dirty Berg said...

Your bravada is the same as an blazer or jimmy so the window should be very easy to find in a junk yard. I have a 2000 blazer and had to replace the back glass when I got it and it has a bravada window. The junk yard would be considerably cheaper as well.

Jennifer said...

I hope your okay.