Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday evening viewing pleasure



Turned out to be a warmish day here on the beautiful southern Oregon coast, got up into the 90's. C'mon where is the evening breeze when you really need it?

I forget to watch "The Amazing Race 13" until it was about half over; they had the usual mixture of couples,the hippy couple with very long shaggy, very white hair came in last after climbing down an almost 300 foot cargo rope. I think that part of Brazil was gorgeous. Felt sorry for the gal exhorting her partner to speak some Spanish to the cab driver. Um, sorry Brazil speaks Portuguese, Obrigado.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I paid 3.33 for gas the other day...yeah I had the Safeway super saver.

FirstNations said...

3.71, and felt i was getting a DEAL. odd when you consider i live 45 minutes drive from FOUR REFINERIES.

listen, i dug your post on the stand mixer and attachment. what brand, pray tell? years ago i had an old, old hamilton beach that had goofyass attachments like that. what i finally did was i got one of those old handcrank grinders at a garage sale-the kind that gramma had, it clamps onto the edge of a table? five parts-six including the body of the grinder-easy up, easy clean, fast and no hassle. smartest thing i ever did. and uses no juice, either!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kitchen Aid mixer, heavy and yes I agree about the hand crank grinders. My mother had one, she clamped it to a bread board and one of us kids would sit on it while she ground away. I had one for years and I loved it. I'm thinking of getting one again for the upcoming depression where we con't have money, houses, electricity but plenty of hand power. You betcha!R

Gale said...

Carol has 2 of those hand crank things. I saw a couple in the second hand store last week. In fact, i don't think you can live here without at least one in the kitchen and a spare in the garage. As I only use the kitchen for a dance studio I don't have one.

FirstNations said...

you have no idea how much of a difference it's made in my 'body disposal' regimen, too. now that my boy in Pentictin is gone....?