Saturday, September 20, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MITCH!!!!



I went to bed last night mentally envisioning where the very ripe banana was sitting. I was thinking that I would mash the pulp and mix it into the pancake batter rather than slice and pour batter over the fruit. I woke up about 6:30 and went downstairs,the banana was not lying on top of the stove and had already been consumed. Drat! On to Plan B.



So I rumbled through the drawers in the fridge and found bacon and new potatoes. I oiled the potatoes and baked everything in a 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes.



Still didn't have a recipe in mind but decided the taters would need some onion. I sauteed half of a large sweet onion. When the bacon and potatoes were done I pulled them out, drained the bacon and coarse chopped the potatoes.



I combined everything in a casserole baking dish and added 4 beaten eggs, 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese and half a can of halved black olives.




I baked it in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.




I brewed a cup of Constant Comment tea, two Splenda packets, toasted two slices of hazelnut bread, spread home make freezer blackberry jam, and some FRITTATA on my plate. Again, Happy 50th Birthday, Mitch!!!!

No comments: