Friday, September 12, 2008

ONE WEEK LATER



It's one week later and my tightly furled roses are opening up and they smell wonderful, I shall change the water and add plant food and clip the stems and take another picture in a week, probably gonna be pretty ugly by then.

Today was my day off, it was lovely and sunny here, my coding buddy and I went to lunch at the Chinese place. I ordered prawns and fried rice. Yummy!

The price of gas has not dropped so being down to a half a tank, I filled up for exactly $22.22. Good poker hand.

I shopped a bit and came home and picked four cups of very large, sweet blackberries.
I decided to make freezer jam. Reading the directions on the box of Pectin, I sugared my berries and added some lemon juice and let that sit for ten minutes.
In a separate pan I boiled the pectin in water and poured that over the berries and stirred for three minutes. I then filled four 18 ounce plastic containers for freezer jam. There were a couple tablespoons left over so I spread it on a toasted buttered bagel. Jeez, good stuff. Hope the jam sets over night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy, I love freezer jam. Mom said she maid some strawberry the other day. nummers!