Thursday, April 3, 2008

Today was PLUMBER'S day at work



I heard a little gurgle from the bathroom at work. Pretty soon, I heard the housekeeper look in to say the toilet was stopped up. The toilets had backed all up and down the patient wing and came perilously close to soaking the new carpet in the hallway. Gurgle gurgle.

Pretty soon the Econorooter guy showed up. The trap is right outside the door next to "my" office. First they couldn't get the trap open and inundated it with WD40 which smelled exactly like charcoal lighter fluid. Actually I think they resorted to using charcoal lighter fluid when the DW40 didn't work. So the Econorooter guy fired up his big old generator and blasted air down a hundred feet of sewer. That went on for about an hour, very loud. I kept closing the door, they kept opening the doors to check water level in the toilets.

Then the econorooter used the snake thingy and that went on for another hour. Finally I heard the rooter guy call the maintenance guy to say that he could hear toilets flushing. Ah flushed with success!!

There is nothing more terrifying than realizing that the nearest toilet is a five minute walk or a 3 minute scurry at the other end of the building. Outta my way!!!

2 comments:

Gale said...

I know you always seem to carry your camera with you every where....is that the real plumber's butt crack? And if not how long did it take you to find that picture?

Anonymous said...

Real plumber stood outside, did not see his backside. Did search on Yahoo, typed in "pictures of plumbers" and up it popped. R