Saturday, April 12, 2008

House for Sale and the price of gas



Yeppers gas hit $3.50 at the Exxon station today, however, we decided to drive to Coos Bay to shop at Freddys's. Chevron is VERY proud of THEIR gas at $3.59 and they have decided to go 13 cents and 15 cents on the next grades. We did stop there to get the car washed. Looked like a couple homeless dudes wielding the pre-wash scrub brushes and the sign did say they accept tips......

So we shopped at Freddy's stocking up on canned goods and some storage containers for the rice and beans. I am thinking two years worth of food in the basement is a good idea, might come in handy during the depression, eh?

And we also went out to breakfast. We went to the Red Lion as they were advertising their weekend breakfast. I ordered a very fancy stuffed French toast and fruit. Stuffed with cream cheese and the fruit consisted of blueberries, blackberries, strawberries. Opinion? Soggy. Tim grumpily ordered Joes Breakfast when it looked like there WAS no veggie omelet. He gave me his sausages and crispy bacon, thanks, I was hungry. He tasted some of my soggy French toast. He also rated the bathroom at the Red Lion as follows; out of a possible score for ten, one off for it not being home, one off for cold water, one off for no paper towels and one off for difficulty in locating the bathroom. Waitress did give directions, "At the exit sign, make two lefts". Cost for breakfast 25 bucks, 4 dollar tip. Next time back to the Pancake House or Fraziers right here in town.




This is a picture of the "Grapes Of Wrath" house. I have called it that for several years now. I have been heard to mutter, "Gee I would LOVE to buy that house....so I could BURN it!". The house is for sale, $40,000.00 cheap price just for the lot and the privilege of burning the trashy thing.

2 comments:

Gale said...

What is the family on the Christmas Story with all the hounds???? Pretty sure these guys are relatives, did they have hounds as well? Ya oughta go see if you can tour, make like you want to buy for rental purposes. Become a real estate mogul - small time Donald Trump. I would pay to get your hair done. I think its all in the hair.

Anonymous said...

Jeez, Like I need Donald Trump hair....thanks...I think they might have had a dog but they probably sold it for meth money. Lots of visitors and they had a very muddy truck...they were into competetive truck bogging, er something. R