Monday, April 14, 2008

rolling IN the dough



Today I took my little "Dividend check" to the bank. It was for about $37. It was from BUECI (Barrow Utilities and Electrical Cooperative Inc) Um I think, They also provided gas heating and water. When I first moved to Barrow in 1990, I paid a deposit for my electric bill, part of the deposit, 25 dollars, was to pay for membership in BUECI with the proviso that at some point the company might declare a dividend and make payment. I get tickled every time I receive one of these checks..they are so cute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we first moved to Colorado, we got our electricity from a rural electrical co-op. We were patrons for only 4 years. Every year we get a minimal check as well. I think our largest was about $14 and the smallest around $8. It is a nice to get these suprise checks.

Enjoy.

Ellen

Gale said...

How nice a retirement check! Careful how you invest it. Me? I'm always surprised when I get $$ in the mail.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it always is a surprise, because I completely forget about it from year to year. R