Saturday, May 8, 2021

DUST ` ` Dust to dust comes from Eccleciastes 3:20. Think of all the dust available to create people and animals. I sometimes wonder if eight billion people actually adds to the weight of the earth. Nope. The First Law of Conservation of Energy states that energy can neither be created or destroyed, it can only be transformed. The only way that the earth can gain weight is by the deposit of meteor strikes. I have no idea how much that adds but apparently that is where most of our water came from. There must be a lot of water out there in the universe. ` Mom told us about living in the dustbowl days in Colorado. When she was a kid it was not uncommon to see tons of dust blown away. The neighbors farm moved miles worth and tons of dust. There was no keeping it out of the house. As soon as they had a decent crop they sold the place and moved to Emmett, Idaho in 1939. Two of the boys went on the train with the livestock and Grandpa drove Grandma Horn and mom and one of the remaining boys in the new car. Aunt Wilma stayed in Colorado because she had already married Lester Kast. ` I have noticed that I produce a lot of dust as I have gotten older. I am starting to resemble Pigpen from the Snoopy comic strip. No matter how much lotion I apply there is more dust. Fortunately I don't have dandruff. When I peel off my black pants, the interior takes off a lot of body dust. I would hate to see a vacuum cleaner bag full of my dust. ` I am a fan of Mythbusters. They have had an episode where Jamie tried various methods to outwit a scent hound. He tried pepper. Nope. He tried all sorts of things. Since the hounds go by scenting skin flakes, I think if Jamie prepared with a bath, layer of lotion, wear cling wrap and try that. It would be interesting to see of the hound would still find him. Also a space suit that has been sterilized. That might work. ` In the meantime, look out Pigpen, you haz company.

No comments: