Tuesday, September 29, 2020

To day I had an electroncephalogram. Hello? Anyone? Yoohoo!!

Today was interesting. I had an appointment for an EEG. This is all part of my local doctors work up for my self diagnosed petit mal. I had an MRI a couple of weeks ago and the findings were some white matter changes which is normal for my age. Normal is good! So, got checked into Bay Area Hospital via ER entrance. There was very little parking available. Holy hospital patient's! Busy, busy, busy. The procedure was a bit more complicated than I had imagined. A nice technician named Morgan, came to get us. The room had a large comfy bed, TV, and a largish chair. I sat in the chair. I was given two heated blankies, lovely!! Morgan explained that she was going to put 25 EEG leads plus one on each wrist. I must have looked like Doc Brown when he answered Marty's knocking on his front door minus the colander. She put green washable marker all over my head after carefully measuring circumference etc. Then using a combination glue stick she marked those spots and then applied the leads. After that, the TV got turned off and I was told to close my eyes. She said the last two minutes would be bright lights flashing and advised that I consume caffeine soon therafter to avoid a migraine headache. OK. The entire procedure took about 90 minutes. After all of the leads were removed she did some scrubbing and put a heated shower cap on my head. That was lovely. I put on my black hat to disguise the Elton John Wind Beneath My Wings hair. We left and stopped at Micky D's for lunch and caffeine in the form of iced hazel nut coffee. Yummm! Then to home. No idea what the results will be, doubtful anything interesting. The theory is that you need to be exhausted before the test, so I got about three hours of sleep. Oh well. We shall see maybe. I was hoping for curly hair but that did not happen.

No comments: