Tuesday, September 15, 2020

DREAMS

 I woke from three dreams this morning.

The first dream was where I was back in Barrow, Alaska.  It was summer and I had driven to the beach with a girlfriend.  We saw the very large moon setting in the east.  We decided it was time to head back to town.  I have seen beautiful pink moons in Barrow, sometime in November.  The moon floats around the horizon and is absolutely gorgeous.

We were driving to Barrow and I realized that we were lost.  I decided to consult a map.  We were headed to a town called Oro. We decided to stop at the first place and inquire for directions.  I noticed that we were in a very deep U-shaped canyon. I stopped at a little store.  We went inside and three little Inupiaq woman were stocking the shelves with candy.  There were some jellies in a packet of six marked six dollars. I have the lady seven dollars.  I asked her how to get back to Barrow.  She said, "Just turn left at my house."  How many houses away is that?  "Three or seven." How will I know it is your house? "There is a weather station on my porch."  The problem then was trying to figure out what a weather station looked like.

The next dream involved puzzles.  I had returned with some odd shaped puzzle blocks and did not know what to do with them.  They were brightly colored and made of plastic.  I spotted a large board and decided I needed to use the puzzle on that game board and make up a new game.  I looked at the puzzle and tried bending it.  It snapped apart at the color lines.  Nice!

My third dream was of my Mom.  I was visiting and looking for books.  I did not care for any of the new books she had but she did have some her older books arranged in what looked like a shoe carousel.

This brings us to interpretation.  The general theme for the Barrow dream was lost.  Interpretation of lost is that you are still adjusting to new aspects of your life.  True dat.

The interpretation of puzzles is you have a mental challenge or a problem to solve.  Okaaaaaay.

To dream of your mother is all about the nurturing aspect of your own character.  I talked with her and that interprets as preoccupation  with some aspect of your daily life and you are not sure how to address that aspect.

Then I woke to NPR and a sore hip.   Oh, and the dreams were in full color and glorious sound.  That rarely happens.  My dreams are usually color only and no sound.


No comments: