Tuesday, September 29, 2020

I forgot about THIS episode

I just remembered this episode from Barrow days. While I worked most often in the medical record department at SSMH in Barrow, we would rotate out to the front desk to provide coverage so the other ladies could go to lunch. One day, it was my turn. From noon on it was customary for people to walk in to be seen in the ER. I was typing away one day and I heard a dulcet voice tell me that the name was Michelle K. I did a quick search and said that I could not find that name, could I have the date of birth. Oh, yes, here you are, Michael K. I asked him if he wished me to add Michelle to the Also Known As file. Yes, he/she beamed. I looked up then and realized that I sort of knew who this person was. He was kind of famous for wandering around towb dressed up in black Ninja clothes. He/She was seen and I didn't think anything else about it. A few weeks later, Ninja Boy kidnapped a married couple of teachers. He held them hostage in their own apartment. He was demanding that ACRC give him money for his sex change operation. Occasionally, Artic Slope Regional Corporation would issue dividends to their members. Ninja Boy was impatient and unwilling to wait until the next check. This went on all day and he decided to give up his demands for he ransom about the time that the SWAT team from Anchorage landed. I am umsure about the fate of this young man but am fairly sure that some time spent in lockup and hopefully counseling ensured. Only in Barrow.

No comments: