Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Cooking yet again

 Tuesday morning, we went shopping.  As we were strolling through McKay's, I was telling husband that I was going to purchase ingredients for spaghetti carbonara puttanesca.  My list consisted of spahgettig and hard parmesan.  I already had the bacon and home.

He asked what puttanesca meant.  I told him it was Italian for whore.

There was a time when ladies of the evening, etc. were not allowed to eat in public.  Therefore they dined at home.

The dish they made most often, because it was inexpensive and delicious was the carbonara.

Begin by slicing a good four strips of thick cut bacon into lardon.  Put large pot onto boil with salt and oil.  Fry bacon.  Mix three eggs and grate lots of Parmesan in a separate bowl.  Pop in the pasta when the water boils.  Drain.  Add scoop of pasta water to bacon, Turn off heat.  Drop in pasta.  Stir in eggs Parmesan mix.  Grate more Parmesan on top, add freshly ground black pepper to taste.

Prego!  Manga! Manga!  

I did not have garlic bread...next time. Or vino.


1 comment:

Phil said...

While working in Italy I was invited to dinner at my colleagues house. He made a spaghetti dish almost the same as your recipe except bacon he used ham. After returning home I made it a few times I hadn't thought about it in years I think I will resurrect and try again.