Sunday, October 20, 2019

Robert Deniro and moi?

I was listening to an interview on the radio a couple of nights ago.  Richard Lewis was talking about a very high class private jet trip he took with a bevy of celebrities.  

His opposing seat mate was Robert Deniro.  Richard felt that he was just staring at him wanting desperately to talk to him about 
"Taxi" and other big films that Mr. Deniro had starred in, however the star was having none of it.  He just wanted to unwind and did not want to talk.

At that point I sort of drifted off into fantasy land.  Had I ever seen  "Taxi" ?  Nope. I googled his movies and discovered that I have only seen three of his films; Godfather II, Intern and another one I promptly forgot.  He has been in a lot of movies,  I have heard tag lines from those movies here and there. (You talkin' to me?) Pretty sure I have confused him with another darkish actor of similar build (Say Hello to my little frien) that guy.

Hmm, what would happen if I were sitting in Mr. Lewis's seat and were to chat with Mr. Deniro?  

After disturbing his peace and quiet I would fan gush over "Intern"  I watched it on TV (Hope he got paid for some of that).  The story is about a newly retired gentleman who takes a job as an intern of the company he retired from.  He just wants to stay busy and make a few extra bucks.  

He is put in a pod of millennials who all have concerns.  His young lady boss is engaged and does not realize her man is cheating on her. The Intern helps out quietly in many cases and does it cleverly so that it doesn't look like he got involved.  Very adorable.  Give this film a go, it has some humor and a few warm spots.  

Thank you, Mr. Deniro.

No comments: