Saturday, September 23, 2017

Semi Obsessed

I find myself in nearly the same state of mind as yesterday.  Once again I spent most of the night mentally composing an e-mail to S.M. Sterling asking his advice regarding quoting his book in my (er) book.  I allowed that chances of completion were extremely low to vanishing.  So far the contact form is showing the circle of death, so the chances of that going through would seem to be slim to none.

I also returned to the hostage situation and envision the prisoner drawing maps of places where the story happens.  Having to explain place names such as Boise and the French fur trappers exclaiming "les bois!".  I have to explain about Chief Joseph and the Nez Perce tribe.  I would have to explain the Palouse.

I would have to explain Junie McKenzie's Percheron horses Cagnie and Lacy and the cop show they were named for, then have to explain women police officers to the Taliban. Erk. I would have to explain the feudal system

I can see there will many interruptions.  Oy. I don't think I will post this on FB, too rambling and in my head.

1 comment:

Retro Blog said...

I have tried sending email to S.M. Stirling regarding my story idea however his site the email is not working and I cannot see where to follow him on Facebook, duh. I will keep this from being stalkerish.