Monday, September 18, 2017

OMG the great credit freeze chase!!!

All righty then.  I was prompted to do the credit freeze thing.  Here is what happened, it only took a couple hours but I am near exhaustion. 

1) Marched through the steps for Equifax the one that started all this crap and surprisingly every thing went swimmingly and I was prompted to print the confirmation number letter.  I fired up the printer which takes FOREVER to click, pop, grind and process until ready to print.  Hey, not so fast there, printer cartridges are depleted, change them or no printing.  Ugh, dug out the box, read directions, pried open printer, dug out old cartridges, fumbled other cartridges into printer, close door.  Printer resumes processing, grinding, popping and much of a muchness. Eventually printer flashed that the cartridges had previously been used and were depleted, please replace THOSE cartridges.  Shit and shinola!  So I went to Amazon and ordered new cartridges!!!! and wrote down the damn confirmation number from Equifax.  Then I turned off the printer. I didn't feel like Googling the hack for extending the printer cartridge lift for one. last. print...

2) Experian experience went well.  Put in info. Presto chango, they charged me 10 bucks.  Wheee! 

3) Transunion.  What a nightmare!!! First of all I had to select user name and password. Simple huh?  Nope, you get caught up in adding a number to the password and the user name cannot be used in the password.  Then I put my credit card in, the same one used for Experian and there was a problem.  What!?  I called credit card company and finally got a real person to speak to and they checked it and said the expiration date was different and she would change it to match my card and my card had been charged 20 bucks.  Uh thanks.  So back to Experian. I finally found the customer service number that WASN'T  A FAX NUMBER and got a very extensive menu.  I had to be very patient to listen to WHICH FECKING NUMBER to push to REFUSE the goddamn survey!!!  I was about to go to the nuclear number 0 option but I heard something that chirped that something had been placed on my account.  I am not precisely sure what that something is but at this point I shall let the fortunes go their delightful way. 

I can only hope that the criminals have to go through the equivalent of this to hack the crap that they want. May they live in interesting times. I am also a more than a little pissed that suddenly Experian and Transunion are raking in 150 million times their 10 and 20 bucks because of Equifax.  Bastards!!!



No comments: