Thursday, September 21, 2017

It is official

I cannot follow directions.  And I am going to blame it partially on the very small font at the various sites I visited today on behalf of my husband.  It was time to freeze HIS credit report. 

What? Sure Honey, I can help walk you through the process.  Oh, you want ME to do it while you watch......sigh. 

I got into trouble almost immediately because one of the sites kept freezing and I got the little circle of death or outright nuthin'.  First of all I typed Expedia into Google and oopsie, try Exquifax.  Put in all the information and that one worked very well. 

Went to Transunion that so confounded me yesterday, today everything went well also.

Next we went to Experian and I got into trouble immediately and floundered around trying to even FIND things.  Turns out there are different menus to choose from and each site calls their credit freeze something else. 

Before we were finished I got confused and was going to go to the next site and husband said, "No dear, we already did them".
"You sure?"
"Yes".
"Thank you, God." Sob.

As a dire warning one of the pull down menus on Google had credit freeze all three credit unions. Husband thinks it was a phishing site. But it was so tempting and if true REALLY pisses me off.

No comments: