Monday, June 27, 2011

SUB Sub sub flooring maybe?



Today the workmen scattered out um.. subflooring type metal structures, I saw them spot welding some of them to the metal frame.  Hope the wind doesn't come up.

Reminds me of an Emmett story.  One summer we had a hail storm that caused considerable damage to my awning.  The awning I had ran the full back of the trailer house I was purchasing.  I put in a claim and got a smallish check to fix the damage.  I asked a friends handy-man husband if he could take the back half of the awning and move it to the front so I would have shade.  Yep.  He worked at it, got it taken down and moved to the front and partially fastened.  He told me the legs were not fastened to the cement pad yet but he would do that the next day. 

The next morning I got up and was half way out the door on my way to work when I realized that the awning over my front door was gone!  It was completely not THERE.  I looked up, nothing.
I walked out into the street and realized that the awning was peeled back lying on top of my roof! 

My neighbors told me later that the wind came up a bit and they hear a hell of noise.  It was my roof peeling up, over, back and down with a bang.  I slept right through it, I just could not figure out who would steal that stupid awning.  The handy-man came over that day, put the awning back and used a nail gun to affix the uprights to the pavement. 

No comments: