Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Blog stats ever look at 'em?


I was looking at the dashboard thing on blogger and opened up stats.  There is another area you can look at your audience to see what country the page views are coming from.

I have 38 page views from Iran.   Really.

I pondered what could I have possibly written about that would trigger a page view?  It would have to be something that would be of interest to Iranian viewers and I finally remembered that I had written about a piece of fiction that I was thinking of writing.
One of the pieces regarded something called the Bubble, it was technology from Earth that is a nano-bot product that protects the wearer from EVERYTHING including radiation, poison, force of explosions, etc.  I was trying to explain some of the social and society impacts this would have on various institutions and I mentioned among other things:

Earth’s most historical enemies have been faced with two choices; get along or forget it. I should probably write a sub-story theme about how society has changed due to the Bubble. Long time enemies still exist however the Shiites and Sunni’s have evolved public insulting contests, quite elaborate and beautiful sort of like ceremonial Sumo without the wrestling.

That has to be it, I have never, prior to this, mentioned weapons of mass destruction or other word trigger kind of things.  Weird.

Shukran!  I am also not even sure if I spelled Shiites or Sunni's correctly.

1 comment:

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

WE have 2 from Russia and 2 from Germany. I know Anders looked at the blog, but Sweden doesn't show up on the stats. Interesting. CB