Friday, June 3, 2011

Bubble bubble sour dough starter!


I fired up the sour dough starter last night, dumped in two cups of milk and two cups of white flour to the starter and let it rest over night.  It smells SO good!  I made about 7 good sized pancakes, ate three and stored the rest of them for oh maybe a snack.

I also decided to make husband's favorite casserole; stuffing.
This time I had five ears of fresh corn.  I used the Rachel Ray method of corn removal, I put a small bowl upside down in a larger bowl and sliced the kernels off the corn.  I have a good hefty two cups worth of corn.  Chopped onion, wilt in butter in pan, dump in about a generous quart of frozen turkey stock, simmered until warmish.  I tossed the corn into a larger bowl along with the dried bread stuffing, some salt, pepper, other seasonings to taste and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.  Baked for 60 minutes in 350 degree oven.  Not bad. The corn is surprisingly firm at 60 minutes and tasted pretty good.  Yum!

Today it got almost summery here, weather up to almost 70 degrees.  Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: