Friday, June 24, 2011

BOOK CASE FULL


That did not take as long to fill as I thought it would.  Just this past week, we picked up one of those folding book case thingies at Freddy's, brought it home, popped the connector dinguses into the slots between the bottom and top and hey, look it's a tall empty book case.  Not for long, I processed the five bags of books donated to me by a long time friend, I added them all to my book collectorz program and I now official have over 2000 books and according to the program the are valued at 8000 dollars.  Hmmm, I think that is a bit on the high side.  Some of these books are older than dirt and well preserved in coffee stains.  But I have always loved the look of books in the house.

One of my favorite memories of young married life was to go visit a retired school teacher who lived near Elk, California.  Her little house sits on a bit of cliff poking out into the Pacific. Inside her house are books....lots of books, books stuffed into risers on stairs, book shelves etc.  Very cosy.  If I ever get my book store opened one of the features will be comfortable chairs, and a good reading light.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love our books...I can't pass a book store without making a stop and a purchase.