Friday, October 8, 2010

Shepherds Pie


I decided to make a Shepherds pie, I used fresh ground turkey, frozen corn niblets and left over boiled new potatoes.


I chopped an onion and fried it off and then added the turkey, added a few spices, some pepper flakes,salt, pepper, some fresh grated nutmeg.


Added a can of cream of mushroom soup.


Mashed the potatoes and added milk to soften a bit as well as half a stick of melted butter.


Layered the casserole with turkey mixture, layer of corn niblets, layer of mashed potatoes, layer of Parmesan. Bake in 350 oven 30 minutes, crank up to 45 for 15 minutes to get a bit of brown crust. Not bad.


And NO, I did not run out of black olives.

3 comments:

Gale said...

I like sharp cheese on mine, kthnxby

Anonymous said...

Um yummy! Saw recipe for Shepherds pie on "Chucks Day Off" he made vegetarian SP and it had cooked lentils in chopped sauteed onion, celery, carrot and garlic, next layer was baked shredded sphagetti squash and top layer Yukon gold potato mash with butter, cream and cheese of choice. I'm thinking I might like Sour cream. R

Anonymous said...

I have a very heartful wistful request from husband to please hold off on the vegetarian Shepherds pie until I make his favorite tomale pie. Mmmm sounds good! I must go shopping! I love to the smell of roasted peppers!