Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Other New To Me Outfit



I purchased this matching blouse and floor length skirt at Bree's for twelve dollars.

I took it home, the label said wash cool, rinse cool. It had apparently NEVER been washed because it shrunk a good three inches. Crap! Now I won't even be able to wear my twelve dollar outfit!

Er wait a minute,the skirt is now at MY ankle length not the former giantess owner and the blouse now fits PERFECTLY. I even have a waist er rather an implied waist! Well! I inspected the hem and all the collar,shirt front linings and decided to reinforce with iron on tape. Both the blouse and skirt have front top to bottom buttons that I just love.

I wore it to work and shocked everyone as I am your basic pant suit quasi executive.

Got comments such as "Cute!"

I told everyone that I was actually thinking of modifying the skirt into pants and there were shrieks of "NO don't do that!"

So I bowed to popular opinion and left the skirt alone. Because my tailoring skills are very rusty. I also love the girly swirl of skirts about my ankles as I whisk busily about the place at work. I sew on buttons now and then and the poor sewing machine is turning into a really spiffy antique.

I have decided to call this outfit my Parade Float Dress because I look like a parade float in it!

No comments: