Saturday, November 15, 2008

Will you LOOK at this!?



I was stunned to see this precipitous price drop! I was 2.52 per gallon yesterday WHEN I TOPPED OFF MY TANK! I even asked the attendant if he thought the price would go any lower as the tanker was there filling up the service station. He scratched his head and said he didn't know. CRAP!

And the rest of my Friday and Saturday was not very day offish. I was called in Friday evening to transcribe a CT report that was 7 minutes and 14 seconds long. Doesn't sound like much and true, I was only there 30 minutes. While there I saw several other higher priority documents that needed to be done but I went home.

Then I stopped in at Fraziers and had their breakfast special; ham slice, 2 eggs, toast, countries fries...yum!

I had said it was okay to call me if they needed help in medical records. Saturday morning I went in very early to transcribe 2 radiology reports (long ones) and two history and physical reports all on the same patient. About 1:30 medical records called and needed help transcribing another radiology report so I went in and did that one as well as a couple more history and physicals.

Then I went home and worked on PART DEUX of the pickled green tomato project. 6 pm I carefully separated the tomatoes from the pickling lime. I very carefully poured the lime outside because if you pour it down your drain, you will instantly cement your drains shut and you will immediately become friends with your local expensive plumber. The pickles were rinsed some more and put in cold water for three hours. I then prepared the 9 cups of sugar, 2 quarts of vinegar, 1 tbsp pickling spices, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp cloves and 1 tsp celery seed add water to cover tomatoes. Tomorrow after work (if my fingers haven't fallen off from typing) I shall bring pickles gradually up to a slow boil and cook for 35 minutes and can while hot. Boy is my house gonna stink! Phew!

No comments: