Sunday, November 9, 2008

a little bit of gas, a few more blossoms



Getting better.




MUCH better, but not yet ridiculous.



A few more blossoms have popped open. No aroma, however.

Also today I felt like making fried chicken and I went shopping after getting off work. I picked up a whole, fresh chicken, and fixin's for pineapple,banana, cheddar cheese, miniature marshmallow salad. I dug out my trusty Ulu ( I purchased it at a Native crafts fair in Barrow years ago, it is wicked sharp and makes cutting up chicken very easy). I like to cut a whole chicken into as many edible bits as possible. I take care to separate the back into three pieces and peel the ribs out which makes a nice little collop of meat. I also cut the wings so that there is a goodish amount of breast meat attached to make it worth the effort of eating the wings. I also separate the breast into five pieces; the wish bone portion and cut the main breasts in half. I like to clean the leg bones so that all the meat contracts and cooks about the large end. The thighs are separated and then I dip in milk and then flour bread crumb mixture and fry. I like to season the chicken in salt, pepper, garlic, celery seed, red pepper flakes, paprika. Fry until golden brown and delicious. Drain and finish cooking on a bed of small halved potatoes that have been oiled and seasoned with salt, about 45 minutes covered in aluminum wrap. Yummy! This is the kind of dish that ages well in the frige and just gets tasting mo bettah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nummy!

Anonymous said...

...and you would pass on the salad if I remember correctly. (Smiles)

Anonymous said...

yes you remember correctly.