Friday, November 14, 2008

Gas prices and green tomato pickles...



Astounding! I was 1/4 tank low so I stopped in and put in NINE bucks worth of gas. What a relief and unfortunately the relief will be only temporary as soon as the market settles down or up or what ever...



I have been begging people at work to please save their green tomatoes for me and viola! A young lady from the business office let me know that her husband was dropping off some green tomatoes for me. Woohoo! That looks like about seven pounds which is exactly what my recipe calls for. Thanks,Mendy!!




I washed and sliced the green tomatoes up and they have such a delicate green color. These green tomatoes will be covered with two gallons of water and two cups of pickling lime for 24 hours. TO BE CONTINUED....



Oh yes, lovely sunset this evening off our back porch. We are having mild autumn weather here, lovely stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And remember...DO NO pour the mixture down the drain, you will have big problems.

One day our tomatoes were here, the next they weren't, weird year for 'maters.