Saturday, May 24, 2008

Gas, deck, etc.



Just for the record...in case you have awakened from a 20 year coma, the price of gas in Coquille has leaped to 3.95 per gallon JUST in time for Memorial Day Weekend.



I have been considering deck repair ever since Unca Bush's tax rebate. Yep,that is daylight you are seeing through the boards. This is our melted deck. The non pressure treated members melted.....



This is a shot from below. We haven't actually USED the deck but ya never know when the urge to go out the upstairs back door will strike, like when those lovely blackberries are beckoning.



This is the initial effort, trying to save as much of the older pressure treated lumbar as possible. The stairs are okay. The other stuff was dry rot, not eaten by carpenter ants.



Oops, didn't get quite enough. Tomorrow will have to make a quick trip to the lumber store to get a few more sticks. Then I shall contemplate paint, etc. Oh and if I gave the impression that I did any of this stuff? Nope. Got it hired local.

3 comments:

Gale said...

Should of had Juan and Inez the happy itenerant couple come and do the work. It would have been fun. But it looks nice and will come in handy when you need to leave by that particular door.

Retro Blog said...

I would love for Juan and Inex the happy itenterant couple come and do work on the roof. That would be fun yet dangerous. I think we only need to have the flashing repaired around two chimneys and check for icky shingles oh and the gutters...yeah that would be great. I got beds, food etc. (big hopeful smiles)

yoo hoo said...

I actually did have a picture of you in my head working on your deck. You could of had us all fooled.
looks good!