Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinco De Mayo



I jacked a recipe from the 'net for Turkey Mole'. I cooked the turkey on Friday, deboned it and also cooked a bunch of rice. I made the Mole' on Saturday. The recipe was labeled "simple" on the net but anything that calls for more than 12 items is complicated. The recipe didn't call for chilies of any kind other than a QUARTER OF A CUP OF CHILI POWDER!! I really should have made the sauce without the chilies or chili powder first and at least tasted it before adding as I do like mole'. Anyhoo, I added the freakin' quarter cup of chili powder AS WELL AS A SMALL CAN OF CHIPOTLE CHILIES IN ADOBO SAUCE. MAN! HOT!! So I dragged it into work and asked the ladies to plug in my crock pot. Dr. Ivanitsky is the only one who liked it and even asked for the recipe. He said, "If Cubans made Mole' this is what it would taste like". Now we know why Castro lived so long, he never ate Mole'.

3 comments:

Gale said...

I made chicken chili last winter. It just wasn't what my mouth wanted to taste. It was more of a Mole'. Carol liked it. But she has a very advanced sense of taste. I have since made chicken chili with green chilis and no cinnamon. Very good mmmmmm. I also like tortilla soup.

yoo hoo said...

..we went some Hispanic place a short while ago and they didn't have anything mole. What's up with that?
ce

Anonymous said...

I think Mole depends on the cook, and I have tasted really peanut butter like taste in some and didn't like that flavor at all. I got a little more feedback from the HOT loving people at work. Dr. Brazer and Mendy both like hot stuff and were trying to guess the ingredients. He tasted mint (nope) and she tasted the bananas and raisons. Wow! The only ingredient they didn't guess was the anise seeds. Next time I want mole I'm going the Mexican place on Hwy 42 and getting Mole enchilada. Yumm!r