Saturday, October 31, 2020

Last week of October 2020: Monday, the dietician at Davita stopped by to give my most recent lab reports. Phosphorus is a little high. Am I taking Selevemere with each meal. No, only at Breakfast. Why? Copay is over 70 bucks. She noted that I had my trailmix snack on the table. I said I ate that the last hour on the chair, so that I did not feel wiped out by the time I got home. She said that nuts have a lot of phosphorus in them and suggested that I eat a TUMs with them. Ok, I love tums and I shall substitute them for Selevemere when the bottle runs out! Tuesday I processed seven pounds of green tomato pickles, I got 7 pints of pickles and four pints of juice. I like to use that juice to put small onions or carrots. Makes a delightful pickle. I took two pints to Gail and Patty, they were a hit. I also took the last batch of Mexican Cheesecake. I hope they can taste the cream cheese as well as the cumin. My dialysis taste buds cannot. So not making that again. I was hoping to get my new glasses this week. Nope. I am not confident in driving if I cannot read street signs. Oy. They folks at Davita have beeb using my neck cannula. Because I have developed a really hard knot above the fistula that has a whistle. So I think I will be seeing a local surgeon who will first perform a fistulagram and then raise the vessel higher for easier access by the nurses and technicians. We are also starting later at 11:10 am, This gets me off the chair by 3:15 pm. I like it because I can get walkies in seven days a week rather than four.

No comments: