Wednesday, October 4, 2017

working title

It is about time I assigned a working title for my book. I like "Hostage".  Probably needs to be something else. 

I had a truly evil idea about incorporating a current event into my story.  I was thinking of inserting the Las Vegas massacre.  This would appeal mightily to the Taliban and the girl could be horrified and determined to play it off as Russian disinformation and here is why. 

I also had an idea for an alternative book for her to recite chapters out of only she is making it up as she goes.  It is all about alternative history if Jane Seymour had survived the birth of her son Edward and Henry the VIII would have secured his male heir.  So Elizabeth would not ascend to the throne.  Her cousin Jamie Stewart of Scotland would not become James the First, King of England.  So many possibilities.  Or maybe this makes things too complicated. 

Wish I were a rich editor and that I could assign this to be written by an eager young author.  Sigh.

No comments: