Friday, January 2, 2015

Routine kinda....

 
Morning routine:
Every morning the radio comes on at 6 a.m. in my former life I leapt out of bed and began preparing for the work day. These days it is much the same but with a bit less urgency other than toiletry. Ahem.
I come back, make the bed, get dressed or not and go downstairs.
I then prepare breakfast, fill my meds up and sit at the computer and consume toast, bacon, cereal either cooked or flake, coffee is flavored or I drink Constant Comment tea. I allow the cats to lick the crumbs off my paper plate.
This morning I dragged out the vacuum, tipped over the lounger in the living room and hoovered up all the debris under the chair. I picked up 60 cents in change and stored that in an empty pill bottle and put it in the National Bank of Grandma Horn's Old Butter Churn. I also got down on hands and knees with scrubby, soap, rag cleaned up numerous coffee stains from the carpet. Now it doesn't look so much like a hoarders reality show.
Got up, sighed, took my outer pants off and laboriously tugged the heavy duty warm tights like garment, persuading a good six inches of material to defy gravity and go higher to hold in the cellulite at the highest level possible. There may be some back sliding by the end of the day. Update; yeah, much black sliding to the point where I shucked them off...ah freedom.
Also went downtown to pick up a couple of prescriptions as well as supplies to make pie. I watched an episode of Unique Eats. There is a pie shop in San Francisco and one of their specialties is an apple pie with chilies and cheddar cheesy crust. Hmmm, that actually sounded kind of good. I purchased four Granny Smith apples, a small can of chopped green chilies, peel and stick pie crust. Peel and chop apples, open chilies, mix together, add 1 cup Splenda sugar ,1/2 tsp each of cinnamon, allspice and cumin. Put bottom crust in pie dish, sprinkle in shredded cheddar. Pour in apple chilie mixture, top with remaining pie crust, sprinkle on more cheddar, dab on mixture of milk and beaten, bake at 350 for one hour. Turned out pretty good. It was watery of course and I should have added some flour for thickening. Yum!! The heat factor is mild but tasty and the cheddar bits in the crust are excellent.
 

No comments: