Saturday, January 3, 2015

I think I may be over medicated.

 
Very strange dream: Last night I dreamed of Mom, a Mom that I certainly never knew. She was dressed in a dark blue power suit and held some sort of important job. She had called me in to tell me that I was not her oldest daughter. There was another oldest sibling. Hmm, I knew she had a wild streak as a youngster when, as a teenager, she confided that she had stolen ten pounds of sugar during WWII and deposited it in her mother's kitchen. Don't know the sex of the sibling, doesn't matter. Still shocking to think of a possibility and Lordy Lordy where did my mind come up with that!?!?!
 
Also was attending a conference in a very crowded hotel. The venue had multiple stories, many levels and a few secret doorways. Also as I was leaving to catch a plane home, Monica K my old boss in Barrow was there in the airport waiting area. She asked me to save her a seat, she would be right back. The area immediately filled up with a lot of men who seemed to want to take that seat, so I hovered over it determined to save at least the seat next to me. The men were very interested in a football locker room sort of manner. Ew.

Will query Mom at dream interpretation site to see what mundane thing that has cropped up inside my head.
Mother
 
 
To see your mother in your dream represents the nurturing aspect of your own character. Mothers offer shelter, comfort, life, guidance and protection. Some people may have problems freeing themselves from their mothers and are thus seeking their own individuality and development.

To dream that you are having a conversation with your mother denotes a matter that has preoccupied your mind and you are not sure how to deal with it in your waking life. It indicates unresolved problems that need to be worked out.

I'm gonna have to blame this on the apple/chilies/cheddar crust pie.....
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to know more about the sugar thief.

Retro Blog said...

It's just a story Mom told me, don't remember how it came up but she said she was out on a date with someone whose name she did not remember. They were in the Ola Store and there was a stack of 10 pound bags of sugar on display. She swiped a bag and hid it inside her coat. She said they had a couple of drinks at the time. Now if only she had gotten a tattoo.