Friday, January 16, 2015

Blogger won't pick up my picture of a big fat white duck! DUCK!

DUCKY DREAM:
Last night I dreamt a very domestic dream. I was in a house, cleaning I think, and there was family there, none of who I recognized. At one point I was looking out the bathroom window that overlooked a nearby good sized creek. I could see dozens of little yellow ducklings being herded hither and yon by their very large white duck parents. I also saw two rather large ducks floating in mid air. They were scooping ducklings out of the air into their mouths sort of like some fish species who suck their tiny fry inside their mouths at times of danger. I couldn't see the ducklings inside because the mouth was screened with a white cloth like device that irised open and closed. It was very odd looking into the gullet of the larger ducks.
 
Dream site interpretation:
Duck

To see ducks in your dream represent your spiritual freedom (if flying) or the subconscious (if swimming). They serve as a connection between the spiritual realm and the physical world. Ducks are multi-talented animals in that they can walk, swim and fly. Thus, a duck indicates your flexibility and your ability to blend and adapt in various situations. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you are setting yourself up or being set up for the kill as associated by the phrase "sitting duck". Are you being targeted? Also, the duck may be a pun on "ducking" some issue or situation, instead of confronting it head-on. Consider the phrase, "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck". Some things are too obvious to deny.  (Thank you Dan Rather.)


To see a white duck in your dream signifies falsehood and deceit.


I will have to sleep on this one...Hah! SLEEP she says.


Curiously enough there was no culinary interpretation.  I ate duck once many years ago.   The then husband had gone duck hunting and brought back many dark oily ducks.  I may have eaten a bit but I really don't remember actually cooking the thing.  Now having watched many years of Food Network I would willingly try some rare duck fried in duck fat.  I came close in my youth, a young man I was dating took me to a pub and asked me what I wanted and so he ordered Cold Duck, it wasn't until we left that I realized belatedly that I had DRANK the cold duck not eaten any.  Hoo boy!  One of my many tales of innocent and ignorance.  Ah me.....

No comments: