Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday in Bandon and an incidental yard sale.



This what it looks outside the window of The Phoenix Grill...a strangely named eatery for Bandon as we were not consumed in fire and did not arise from ashes, well at least our meals did not.



Husband ordered Philly Steak sandwich, note the paucity of fries.



I ordered, of all things, an oyster po'boy sandwich. The oysters were local and fresh but the breading was so hard I was afraid I would crack a tooth, I also ordered soup of the day, which was far more tasty than the po'boy sammy.

There was a breakfast menu that I wouldn't mind returning to sample, however the service was very slow and the uni-sex bathroom earned a rating of 6 out of 10, there were no toilet seat covers.



Then on the way out of town, we stopped at a huge yard sale. I found this print of bunnies they are in pointillist style in a very soft watercolor effect. I purchased it to go over the Children's Book section in Bookity Boo. That's the plan so far.

No comments: