Wednesday, July 14, 2010

OOOH! ARTSY FARTSY!




Some new art work went up today on the hallways, very colorful. I should have taken a straighter picture and there is glare from the over head. The picture is much more orange and blue in person. It almost looks like fabric from a distance. There is no price tag up yet but I bet it will be a doozy! Three of us were considering bidding on it. However, I would have to hang the picture somewhere appropriate, like a New York penthouse or sumpin' sumpin'.

Sue and I went out to lunch today and walked over to the old bank building and went upstairs to a new shop that specialized in vintage fabric, jewelry, beads, buttons, trim. It is in two rooms that have very large windows. I purchased some dark purple upholstery fabric for pillow covers. Now I just need to hire someone to hold a gun on me to actually do the sewing.

I would love to have a space like that for books. However, there is an incredible stair case that winds four times before you get on on the mezzanine floor, puff puff. Lots of cardio just schlepping books up. ....gasp...I better think it over or get an elevator.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This piece needs a title

"Bubbles in the Kelp"
comes to mind.

Retro Blog said...

Actually the title, artist and price was just posted a couple of days ago,
Artist Something Castleberry
Price 975 dollars
Title Winter? Trees.
Hmph