Monday, July 5, 2010

GOOD GAWD IT'S ANOTHER GOLDEN, BROWN AND DELICIOUS CASSEROLE!



Click to enlarge, my friends, there are elbow macaroni sticking out of the crust.

I decided to make Mac and Cheese and um...mushrooms. There must be a jello recipe in there somewhere.

So 3 cups elbow macaroni, in 4 quarts water, bring to boil, insert pasta, boil 8 minutes. Drain.

Largish bag of shredded cheese, cheddar and mozzarella.

While pasta is cooking quarter 10 medium button mushrooms and saute in butter and olive oil until you see brown bits. Turn off heat.

Chop spring onions.

1/2 cup sour cream, 1 cup milk. Stir everything together, pour into casserole dish, top with a mixture of bread crumbs and butter. Bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes.

Yum! Needs salt, but husband likes it that way. Yes he has sampled and gone back more more. So......

Coincidentally I watched "The Best Thing I Ever Ate, Cheesy" on Food Network.
They got around to mac and cheese and I think I will try cooking the penne pasta in the milk mixture and adding a dash of fresh nutmeg and I may try Gruyere cheese, it is swiss cheese without the holes. Apparently the cheese is made from cow's milk that is obtained from cows way high up in the summer alps, something about the altitude makes for great flavor. uh huh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the alpitude.