Friday, January 29, 2010

Was feeling a little restless today.....



...so I drove downtown to the Emporium, its' a new "antique" shop that just opened. Lots of fun stuff to look at. I then walked to "The Oddity Shop" and found some books as well as the above piece. It is Anchor Hocking and it about half the size of the jar/canister pictured below, but I thought it looked nice. It is priced less than nineteen dollars.





I decided to drive to Coos Bay and purchase this if they still had it. Parked in front of "The Antique Mall" and it was still there. I paid $19.95 for it. The body of the piece is only 8 inches tall but it is round enough to easily hold a five pound sack of.....flour. The little black box weighs a little less than 5 lbs so there should be plenty of room. The lid has a nice rubber seal on it as well.

2 comments:

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

We have a winner,what's the prize you never did say.Damn contest rules you always have to read the fine print.

Later RB

Anonymous said...

I'm sure mom will approve.