Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The price of gas and cooking pumpkins



Okay, gas continues to drop, 1.81 today. The tanker was there as I pulled in and I wondered if it delivered yet more low cost fuel or if things have bottomed out...unlike the economy.




Aren't these cute little pumpkins? I brought home a baking pumpkin about 8 inches across. I Googled a recipe; 2 chopped apples, 1 cup chopped walnuts, 1 cup raisins, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon,1/4 tsp Allspice, 1 tsp lemon juice. Clean out pumpkin, mix ingredients, pour into pumpkin, cook with lid on for 2 hours in 350 degree oven.....sigh... The results were less than spectacular, it certainly SOUNDED good,but taste wise, meh. I tossed the whole thing. Next time I wanna cook pumpkin, I'll roast it, use a little brown sugar and butter and that's IT. Made the house smell good, the cats gave me the evil eye because they didn't get to so much as sniff at the dish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boy I read that wrong, I read it as the price of cooking and gassing pumpkins. yikes!