Saturday, October 11, 2008

falling leaves and falling prices



I stopped in at my favorite filling station to top off my tank and take a picture of the prices.



The lady doing the filling handed me the slip and apologised,she had been too busy to put the new prices up $3.56 !!! So I took a picture of the slip itself, you may have to squinch yer eyes to get it to focus or click to embigen.




I decided to make broasted potatoes, so I scrubbed up about six bakers, sliced them up, tossed them in a bowl with oil, garlic, salt, pepper and baked in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes,then turned down to 350 for another 20 minutes. Turned off oven and topped with shredded Parmesan cheese and left it in the oven to get all melty. This turned out pretty good.

I didn't take any pictures of fall foliage because we don't have much here. The trees are mostly fir and holly and the hard woods turn an ugly orange, no lovely aspen to speak of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear that gas is coming down 30 cents in the next few weeks...good news eh?