Friday, July 11, 2008

Kool Pickles and Mexi Chicken



A week or so ago I made Kool pickles out of crunchy Kosher very green dills. I tried one today and they are crisp with a faint garlic dill, faint cherry, sweet taste. Very unusual. I kind of like them but I can seen serving them only as condiment item for delectation and comment such as "Hoo boy did yew git that recipe from your married first cousins?"



I also decided to make Mexi-Chicken. I have had the recipe for years and Mom fixed it when I was home in June and it was pretty tasty. I substituted a couple items. I cut up two chicken breasts and a small onion and browned them off in a skillet in some olive oil. I added a large can of Hearty Garlic Potato soup and one can of water, a can of chopped green chiles, a can of halved black olives, a couple huge hands full of grated cheese, salt, pepper and cut up one dozen uncooked corn tortillas. Mixed well, poured in casserole dish and baked in 350 oven for 30 minutes.

Also, yesterday we ran away to Bandon to check out a book store, Beach Loop Books, very nice used books, a bit of a drive but their selection is very nice.

Right next door was a eatery "El Jalapeno". I had a taco dish and pineapple tea, husband had chicken enchilada and strawberry drink. Very Mamacita and Papacita.

4 comments:

Gale said...

Mexi-chicken? Isn't that what we had for dinner at moms? I knew it was a casserole or some sort.

Anonymous said...

Yep this is right out of Mom's cookbook but I didn't find two cans of cream of chicken soup and her recipe does not call for black olives, the dish is about half gone already, it went over very well at the Alden house. R

Anonymous said...

Yummy!! It has got all my favorite ingredients. Well I got my recipe for pickle through a cook books, it's also delicious.

yoo hoo said...

Sounds like chicken enchiladas, my favorite, thankyouverymuch!