Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm flying again



Woke up from a peculiar flying dream. I was traveling with a co-worker and my beautiful black teen aged daughter (!?!?!). I was at the airline counter and they were announcing lots of openings on the current flight (Mine was the next one). So I asked to get on this one as it was only a short hop to where I was going. The plane was soooo empty I got to sit in the cockpit with the stewardess and the pilot. We took off and when I looked out the window the plane was flying down a long structure that looked like an immense hangar only we were FLYING!! The stewardess decided that too much water was kicking up from the runway and slid the window shut. We got to where ever we were going and I got off and waited for my co-worker and "daughter". I consulted the dream interpretation site for this strangely disturbing dream and they said as follows:

Flying dreams fall under a category of dreams where you become aware that you are dreaming, known as lucid dreaming. Many dreamers have described the ability to fly in their dreams as an exhilarating, joyful, and liberating experience.?

If you are flying with ease and enjoying the scene and landscape below, then it suggests that you are on top of a situation. You have risen above something. It may also mean that you have gained a different perspective on things. Flying dreams and the ability to control your flight is representative of your own personal sense of power.?

Having difficulties staying in flight indicates a lack of power in controlling your own circumstances. You may be struggling to stay aloft and stay on course. Things like power lines, trees, or mountains may further obstruct your flight. These barriers represent a particular obstacle or person who is standing in your way in your waking life.?You need to identify who or what is hindering you from moving forward.

If you are feeling fear when you are flying or that you feel that you are flying too high, then it suggests that you are afraid of challenges and of success.

In reality, we do not have the ability to fly. Thus such dreams may represent that which is beyond our physical limitations. In your mind, you can be anybody and do anything. Another way of interpreting flying dreams is that these dreams symbolize your strong mind and will. You feel un-defeatable and nobody can tell you what you cannot do and accomplish. Undoubtedly these dreams leave you a great sense of freedom.

Me again, the above intepretations deal mostly with actual naked flying dreams, where you can swoop and dive under your own power, no jet fuel needed. I have actually never had one of those kinds of dreams. I am ALWAYS in a plane, big, small jet, prop job, no matter, I always got WINGS. No helicopter dreams however.

2 comments:

yoo hoo said...

I always dream about airplane flying, but never free human flying. My planes are always in perfect, if not weird control. Such as being able to see the complete cross section of a plane as it lands...weird.

Uncle Spud & Aunt JoJo said...

I'm a little curious about the Black daughter.